[FFmpeg-devel] old ffmpeg for SH4

Gabriel Forté gforte
Tue Dec 11 15:02:35 CET 2007

On Tue, Dec 11, 2007 at 02:56:15PM +0100, Tamas Selmeci wrote:
> Now it turned out that neither -fno-strict-aliasing, nor
> -fstrict-aliasing solves my problems on SH4. After a discuccsion with
> M?ns Rullg?rd it turned out, that GCC for SH4 is not as stable as for
> other, more frequently used targets.
>
> FFmpeg provides a rather convenient interface for containers, that I'd
> like to use. My question: is there any _previous_ version of ffmpeg
> which is known to compile and work well on SH4? What I need is only
> libavformat, I don't care which codecs are implemented.
>
> Thanks, and sorry for this request, but this list seems to be the best
> place for asking help...

Hi,

I've been using libavformat on sh4 for about one year and half now, with
approximately the same purpose as you, without any major issues related
to the architecture...

just configure using --arch=generic and --cpu=generic and it works fine.

I think the sh4 specific stuff is only used in libavcodec anyway.

cheers,

--
Gabriel Fort? <gforte at wyplay.com>