[FFmpeg-devel] [RFC] Installing libavutil's crc.h?

Pavlov Konstantin thresh
Tue Dec 11 19:46:25 CET 2007

On Tue, Dec 11, 2007 at 08:39:26PM +0200, Ismail D?nmez wrote:
> Tuesday 11 December 2007 20:35:20 tarihinde Diego Biurrun ?unlar? yazm??t?:
> > On Tue, Dec 11, 2007 at 04:30:25PM +0100, Diego 'Flameeyes' Petten? wrote:
> > > So okay for bswap.h there's the configh dependency that disallows from
> > > installing it (but I'm still thinking how to get over the dep, maybe
> > > I'll provide a patch to use unifdef).
> > >
> > > For crc.h is there something else stopping it from being installed?
> >
> > This sounds backwards to me.  Headers should not be installed without a
> > good reason.
> thresh on IRC already said he is installing bswap.h to be able to compile
> MPlayer with external ffmpeg, so these headers are needed for external
> projects.

...though it seems more like an mplayer problem.

Nevertheless, the less we patch ffmpeg to do unusual stuff, the less
problems we face.

If you make people think they're thinking, they'll love you; but if you
really make them think they'll hate you.