[FFmpeg-devel] Mpeg1-Layer3 writing to MP4 container broken?

Thorsten Jordan tjordan
Wed Dec 19 15:08:16 CET 2007

Hello,

There is an issue with mp3-audio to mp4-container writing.
i spent several hours in debugging my application where mp3 data is
written to a mp4 container, together with video. Audio output is
stuttering, broken, and runs out long before video ends.
I tried with ffmpeg directly:

/ffmpeg -i film5.avi -vcodec copy -acodec copy /tmp/test2.mp4

giving the same result. I can reencode any audio to mp3 or just copy it,
it always gives the faulty result, no matter which source.

When i use libfaac as -acodec parameter, it works fine.

Afaik mp3 in mp4 is legal? Is this a known issue? I found nothing
similar in the bugtracker...

any comments welcome, thanks.

--
Regards, Thorsten