[Ffmpeg-devel] Interleaving audio and video

Baptiste Coudurier baptiste.coudurier
Thu Feb 1 09:57:15 CET 2007

Michael Niedermayer wrote:
> Hi
>
> On Wed, Jan 31, 2007 at 08:10:28PM -0800, Roman Shaposhnik wrote:
>> While implementing an idea suggested by Michael for restructuring DV
>> audio muxer I've come to realize that DV muxer currently expects a
>> caller to take care of interleaving audio and video properly based
>> on PTS valued. Now we know that ffmpeg.c does it, but is it fair
>> to require that kind of behaviour in general of all users of
>> libavformat ?
>>
>> Or to put it differently, do I have to care about caller giving
>> me the following pattern of DV audio/video packets:
>
> see av_interleaved_write_frame() (the docs above it)
> and AVOutputFormat.interleave_packet()

Would it be same to force using interleave_packet for some formats ?

DV,GXF,MXF always require audio to be specially packed, and therefore
won't support passing 48000 samples packet like MOV can contain.

SMARTJOG S.A.                                    http://www.smartjog.com
Phone: +33 1 49966312