[Ffmpeg-devel] Google Summer of Code 2007

Robert Swain robert.swain
Fri Feb 16 16:30:36 CET 2007

Mike Melanson wrote:
> Google has accounced that they will be sponsoring the Summer of Code
> once more for Summer, '07:
>
> http://google-code-updates.blogspot.com/2007/02/speaking-of-summer.html
>
> This year, FFmpeg is going to be on top of it, vs. last year when we (or
> I) found out about it on the same day as the application deadline.

I guess we should start getting some ideas going for tasks. Three that
immediately spring to mind:

- libavfilter filter API implementation (Has anything more happened with that?)

- clean up CLI options (I haven't checked properly but there were some
overlapping options, some don't work as it appears they should, etc; -me and
-me_method for example)

- predefined target profiles to impose restrictions and use good quality
settings for users that don't need to understand everything about digital A/V
conversion/compression

The second isn't too big a task so probably isn't a good suggestion.

Rob