[Ffmpeg-devel] Google Summer of Code 2007

Michel Bardiaux mbardiaux
Fri Feb 16 16:40:42 CET 2007

Robert Swain wrote:
[snip]

> I guess we should start getting some ideas going for tasks. Three that
> immediately spring to mind:

[snip]

> - clean up CLI options (I haven't checked properly but there were some
> overlapping options, some don't work as it appears they should, etc; -me
> and -me_method for example)

-ab which is still in old units (thousands) come to mind. But beware of
restarting the kibi war again...

> - predefined target profiles to impose restrictions and use good quality
> settings for users that don't need to understand everything about
> digital A/V conversion/compression

*More* profiles. There are already 4 and very useful they are. What is
glaringly missing is a DIVX target that would work on most set-top readers.

--
Michel Bardiaux
R&D Director
E mailto:mbardiaux at mediaxim.be