[Ffmpeg-devel] FFmpeg logo

Michael Niedermayer michaelni
Fri Feb 23 03:01:05 CET 2007

Hi

On Thu, Feb 22, 2007 at 09:53:15PM +0000, M?ns Rullg?rd wrote:
> Mike Melanson <mike at multimedia.cx> writes:
>
> > M?ns Rullg?rd wrote:
> >> Well, a few days have passed, and the discussion seems to have calmed
> >> down.  I have collected all the suggestions/ideas that were posted
> >> (not last year's) on a web page:
> >>
> >> http://www1.mplayerhq.hu/~mru/ffmpeg-logo/
> >>
> >> Please have a look, and report back with some opinions.
> >
> > #3.
>
> I didn't intend to call a vote just yet.  I wanted to know which
> designs people like, *why* they like them, and how they'd like them
> improved.

i dont like the ones with italics except maybe 11
the font with rounded edges also looks somewhat more pleasant than the
"polygonal" one at least in the logos we have currently
in case of 12. the FF is too big
the 13/14 logos should have the same subjective size as the others for
fair comparission
i like the colorfullness of 9

one idea i had probably its a bad one ... but what about cutting the
zigzag diagonally and making a fast forward out of it :)

and we dont need to put the "ffmpeg" string into the logo in principle

Dictatorship naturally arises out of democracy, and the most aggravated
form of tyranny and slavery out of the most extreme liberty. -- Plato