[Ffmpeg-devel] Re: Re: Re: [theora-dev] Theora encoding in FFmpeg

Robert Swain robert.swain
Mon Jan 1 22:45:38 CET 2007

Michael Niedermayer wrote:
> also it is _very_ important to use postprocessing on the decoder side for
> mpeg4 asp (theora and h.264 have their own "postprocessing" in loop filter
> build in) mplayer -vf spp=X or -vf pp is something you could try

Can the loop filter in theora be disabled? That's another option for comparison
I suppose.

>> Compared against ffmpeg's "h264" (libx264), there was no
>> clear winner (part of the problem was that I couldn't get h264 to
> the default options for x264 encoding with ffmpeg are VERY bad, there
> should be some recommanded command line parameters for ffmpeg-x264
> somewhere i think (no i dont remember where ...)

I made some notes here:

It and the interface could probably do with a little updating to encompass bime,
mixed refs and anything else that was added.