[Ffmpeg-devel] Decoding from blocks

Michel Bardiaux mbardiaux
Wed Jan 10 16:56:31 CET 2007

Emanuele Fumagalli wrote:
> hi, thanks for answering,

about netiquette.

> I'll try to be more accurate, basically I receive sequential packets
> (let's say 250kb) of data so my entire file(avi) come in blocks i.e
> (block1, block2 ....).

You still dont define *precisely* what a block is, and you hijack the
word 'packet' which has a very specific technical meaning in multimedia.

> I want to decode the file while still receiving blocks, so I start when
> I have at least 20s(so a certain number of blocks) and I'd like to
> decode and render on video the blocks I have without interruption.
>
> Being at a first stage of my research I just be happy to know if this is
> possible using FFMPEG.

Impossible to say until you indicate what the p2p protocol is, and what
video format. Are you *sure* its avi? And using what codec?

--
Michel Bardiaux
R&D Director
E mailto:mbardiaux at mediaxim.be