[Ffmpeg-devel] Decoding from blocks

Emanuele Fumagalli emanuele.fumagalli
Wed Jan 10 17:08:15 CET 2007

ok, thanks again for answering.
What I need to know is quite simple:
I have a movie file (readable with ffplay, is the format important in this
case?)
I split it into different files (each of a fixed size, let's say 200 kb)
I sent the splitted files in order from a server to a client
the client receive the splitted files and should display the video even if
it doesn't have all the splitted files that make the video file.
While watching the video I receive new splitted files to decode and display
at the right time.

My question is : is it possible to do that or there are only two cases when
decoding (having the entire file or stream through a certain protocol( RTSP
stream))

I hope I've been more detailed,
thanks for any idea

bye