[Ffmpeg-devel] Profiles

Youx Julien juju
Wed Jan 10 21:21:04 CET 2007

g a ?crit :
> I'd have thought that this question must have been asked countless times but I couldn't find any information on the site, in the source code, nor by Googling(TM).
> What profiles / levels are supported in ffmpeg for MPEG2? I'd also be interested in MPEG4 and h264.
> Secondly, how do I set those.  I saw there is a parameter for level / profile, but it wasn't obvious what to set these to.

I use the -level option to specify the profile level in my 3GP
mpeg4/amr_ab ou mpeg4/aac.
This page give the "standard" profiles you have to put :
this profiles are variable with the size, the bitrate and the number of
objects in your mpeg4 video.

For simple profile / level 0, you have to put "-level 8" in ffmpeg.

Julien Youx

           (. .)