[Ffmpeg-devel] Decoding from blocks

Emanuele Fumagalli emanuele.fumagalli
Fri Jan 12 17:51:37 CET 2007

> If your p2p client prioritizes downloading of the beginning and end of
> the file, you can usually play it the normal way as if it was
> undamaged after the header and index have been obtained. For maximum
> comfort, you could modify the avi demuxer so it would use the
> information about which blocks are unavailable to avoid them when
> demuxing and seeking.

thanks, in my case I download sequentially the block so (block1, block2...)
which are all buffer in memory(or saved as files on disk), what I'm trying
to understand is how to start the decoding since I've no full video file but
just blocks, do I have to use av_open_input_stream or av_open_input_file?
thanks

bye