[Ffmpeg-devel] Native AAC decoder

jzberiui lqkjsdf codon2
Thu Jan 18 00:46:07 CET 2007

Hi,

I am testing the native AAC decoder produced under SoC.  I have searched the
archives of this list and the SoC2006 list, and I cannot determine what its
current status should be.  Some have suggested that it is complete and
testable.

However, I am finding that revision 14 produces only static whereas any
revision > 14 (using dsputils) is silent and segfaults rather easily.  I am
testing with AAC LC files, which according to the commit log, should be
supported.  I can determine that aac_decode_frame is being called
successfully and returning bytes. Is this codec ready? I am curious as to
why it hasn't been rolled into ffmpeg yet like vc1 has.

Any information on this would be greatly appreciated.