[Ffmpeg-devel] libswscale library under MinGW/WindowsXP

Michael Niedermayer michaelni
Fri Jan 19 11:04:06 CET 2007

Hi

On Fri, Jan 19, 2007 at 04:08:59AM +0100, Axel Gallus wrote:
> I tried to compile the libswscale library under MinGW/WindowsXP by using
>
> the --enable-swscale flag as part of the ffmpeg project.
>
> Everything seemed ok - the file swscale-0.lib was created and i was able to use it and the
>
> headers under Visual Studio Team Suite.
>
> But as soon I try to create a
>
> SwsContext * Test = sws_getContext( 8, 8, PIX_FMT_RGB32, 96, 96, PIX_FMT_YUV420P, 2, NULL, NULL, NULL);
>
> the system reports an exception:
>

> Unhandled exception at 0x1000b7ac in Win32_Video_Subsystem.exe: 0xC0000005: Access violation reading location 0x000002be.
>

> Is there a way for me to make the lib under windows working? Someone has a tip for me how to do it?

send some usefull debuger output (something which contains filenames
AND line numbers) if msvc is incapable of that, then you are out of luck
and will have to use a real c complier and debugger

Republics decline into democracies and democracies degenerate into
despotisms. -- Aristotle