[Ffmpeg-devel] really slow decoding of huffyuv-encoded video

Luca Barbato lu_zero
Mon Jan 22 18:10:21 CET 2007

Thoralf Schulze wrote:
> hi there,

Hi, you may fill a bug on gentoo if the problem is a gentoo package =)

http://bugs.gentoo.org

> the ffmpeg version i used is the current gentoo-ebuild
> (dated 2006-10-16).

read as svn snapshot of this time.

> During the configure run, an "optimize  no"-message
> flashes by, which I'm a bit unsure about: does it say
> that ffmpeg gets no optimisations at all or does it
> refer to ffmpeg not being optimised for size?

It uses the system CFLAGS instead of ffmpeg defaults.

> Additionally, gcc throws a lot of warning about not
> being able to inline code during the make run. See

normal, since gcc doesn't inline when some limits are reached...

> It would be really cool if someone could shed some
> light on this issue ... is the slow decoding of
> huffyuvs due to the missing optimisations, or is there
> another reason?

provide a sample file (upload it on mplayerhq)

lu

--

Luca Barbato

Gentoo/linux Gentoo/PPC