[FFmpeg-devel] MMX accelerated DSP functions for VC1/WMV3 decoders

Christophe GISQUET christophe.gisquet
Sun Jul 1 16:50:46 CEST 2007

Hello,

here's a new version, where the license header now specifies strictly
v2.0 of the _Library_ General Public License, which is probably the most
I would accept. Its text is not directly available anymore from the
Licenses pages of the fsf and gnu sites.

The question whether I accept version 2.1 or 3.0 of the LGPL or GPL is
moot, as you pointed their texts offer a kind of loophole to select
another version, which I disagree with.

Michael Niedermayer a ?crit :
> currently the code does run a dummy do nothing filter in 6 out of 15 cases
> this is not good, if there where a general variable tap offset supported
> then i think it should be easier to skip these dummy filter_0 copy thing

So I implemented something that should be akin to your suggestion. Here
are the execution times for 5 runs: 5.26 5.27 5.32 5.16 5.25. Therefore
it's a tiny bit faster (around 1%).

As for the code size of the object file, not sure what is the best
indication:
ls: 75696 -> 42480 (with debug symbols though)
size (only text is present): 32869 -> 3552

--
Best regards,
Christophe GISQUET