[FFmpeg-devel] MMX accelerated DSP functions for VC1/WMV3 decoders

Reimar Doeffinger Reimar.Doeffinger
Sun Jul 1 18:35:32 CEST 2007

On Sun, Jul 01, 2007 at 04:50:46PM +0200, Christophe GISQUET wrote:
> here's a new version, where the license header now specifies strictly
> v2.0 of the _Library_ General Public License, which is probably the most
> I would accept. Its text is not directly available anymore from the
> Licenses pages of the fsf and gnu sites.
> The question whether I accept version 2.1 or 3.0 of the LGPL or GPL is
> moot, as you pointed their texts offer a kind of loophole to select
> another version, which I disagree with.

If you care so much you really, really should read the actual license
texts at

because the LGPL 2.? is the only one that allows such relicensing to
later version AFAICT.
If this is your only concern you could still triple-license under GPL2,
GPL3 and LGPL3.
If for some reason you want to stay with v2 only, I would prefer at
least an additional exception that allows distributing it at least in
source form together with code licensed unter later versions of the
(L)GPL - Even though Michael thinks this is a given and unnecessary.

Reimar Doeffinger