[FFmpeg-devel] libswscale/yuv2rgb_init.c license

Luca Abeni lucabe72
Mon Jul 2 21:04:38 CEST 2007

Hi Diego,

On Mon, 2007-07-02 at 20:19 +0200, Diego Biurrun wrote:
> The file libswscale/yuv2rgb_init.c is missing a license header and a
> copyright notice.  I assume Luca Abeni wanted to put it under the LGPL,
> but it's better not to assume in legal matters.
I committed it without any license by purpose: I wanted to check if it
was ok to license it under LGPL.
It turned out that the original author of the code in yuv2rgb.c (from
which some part of yuv2rgb_init.c was derived) was not even cited as an
author in the file header, and he did not agree with the relicensing.
So, I reversed some changes, and yuv2rgb_init.c is currently not used. I
left it there in case someone (not me - if the original author is
against LGPL, I'll not try to "rewrite" that code) was interested in
working on it, rewriting the GPLed parts.

> Luca, I'd appreciate if you could address this issue.
Well, the file is currently not used, so I think it can be removed from
the svn repository. I'll do this tomorrow.

			Luca