[FFmpeg-devel] some licensing issues

Diego 'Flameeyes' Pettenò flameeyes
Sat Jul 14 18:42:48 CEST 2007

On Sat, 14 Jul 2007 17:20:36 +0200
Michael Niedermayer <michaelni at gmx.at> wrote:

> under what license is mlib actually? i didnt find any source and my attempt
> to download it ended at a "data mining" registration form from sun
mediaLib (mlib) is licensed under CDDL as part of OpenSolaris [1], but
as far as I know for now only the basic pure-C implementation is
available; the SSE2 and VIS implementations are still proprietary by
Sun, although they are scheduled to be opened in the future, and will
still follow OpenSolaris license (so if ever it will become GPL-3, so
will mediaLib).

A subset of the pure-C mediaLib for images is available under GPL-2
(only) in the OpenJDK sources.

I dug this up when OpenJDK was released for xine-lib.

[1] http://www.opensolaris.org/os/downloads/devpro/

--
Diego "Flameeyes" Petten?
http://farragut.flameeyes.is-a-geek.org/