[FFmpeg-devel] some licensing issues

Balatoni Denes dbalatoni
Mon Jul 16 21:57:55 CEST 2007

Hi!

Monday 16 July 2007 11:08-kor Michel Lespinasse ezt ?rta:
> BTW a couple years back I corresponded with david miller about this,
> this resulted in him writing some VIS MC code but the IDCT part never
> got implemented. I have C code implementing IDCT using VIS-implementable
> primitives (i.e. mostly the 8x16 parallel multiplies with crappy rounding).
> It was a real pain to make it conform to IEEE1180 but we had gotten there.
> Now if you'd feel like translating that into actual VIS code, that'd be
> super sweet. I can dig up the C code if there is any chance this'd help.

Yes, do send it to me, I will transalate it to VIS. It would be nice if it was
faster than the mlib version!

> I've never been a big fan of mlib.

Actually IMO VIS is a piece of crap too, it is  primitive and slow - at least
compared to amd/intel mmx2/sse2. I know it was the first SIMD instruction set
on a general purpose CPU, but unfortunatelly it hasn't really been developed
since than (like 1995).

bye
Denes