[FFmpeg-devel] Problem with DVD VOB encoding - NAV packets not included properly.

Måns Rullgård mans
Sun Jul 15 18:04:03 CEST 2007

Michael Niedermayer <michaelni at gmx.at> writes:

> Hi
>
> On Sun, Jul 15, 2007 at 03:26:35PM +0200, V?ctor Paesa wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> Michael Niedermayer dijo:
>> > does it work if the above mentioned align_iframe = 0 is removed?
>>
>> Yes, it worked: all the 160 NAV packets were passed on (the scenario is
>> the worst case at the previous to last mail in that thread).
>
> great, then i think we should just remove that else align_iframe = 0
>
> mans, if you are ok with that i can remove it
>
> it doesnt look correct anyway, as the insertion of nav packets happens
> delayed relative to setting align_iframe, which is set when a new packet
> is passed to the muxer
> setting align_iframe to 0 when a non i frame is passed to the muxer but
> before a nav packet has been stored for the previous i frame can hardly
> be correct ...

Well, since the DVD specs are rather difficult to get to, it's hard to
say anything for sure.  If the change fixes something without breaking
anything else, by all means apply it.

--
M?ns Rullg?rd
mans at mansr.com