[FFmpeg-devel] [RFC] SDP Generation

Luca Abeni lucabe72
Wed Jul 25 12:23:07 CEST 2007

Hi M?ns,

M?ns Rullg?rd wrote:
[...]
>> Also, I am generating the patch for the build system, so I have a
>> question for Diego or M?ns: can I build sdp.o unconditionally, or
>> should I add a "--disable-sdp-generator" switch in configure?
>
> A function declared in a public header file should normally be built
> by default, unless it only serves as a helper for some optional
> functionality, in which case it should be built whenever needed.

Ok, so I guess building sdp.o unconditionally is ok. I attach a patch
for this.

> I haven't followed this discussion closely, so I don't know what the
> intended use of this function is.

This probably means that the doxygen comment is not clear enough ;-)

Anyway, avf_sdp_create() just creates an SDP describing an RTP session
(composed by multiple RTP streams).
I have some patches (that I will submit after the SDP generator is OK)
for using it in ffserver (removing the SDP generating code from
ffserver.c - see the comment before
ffserver.c:prepare_sdp_description()) and in ffmpeg.c (to generate an
SDP when ffmpeg is used to stream audio and video over RTP).

			Thanks,
				Luca