[FFmpeg-devel] jframe

Benjamin Larsson banan
Thu Jun 7 12:01:11 CEST 2007

Hi.

Reimar D?ffinger skrev:
> Hello,

>> There also a callgraph of the MS codec :
>> http://multimedia.cx/eggs/images/dcng-frame18-callgraph.png
>>

> Does someone know details about the (Local?)Huffman stuff that X8 uses?
> Is this in use in some other places as well? Is there maybe even already
> some code somewhere?
> I hate huffman so I don't really want to play with that *g*
>
> Greetings,
> Reimar D?ffinger

I have meant to write some of my research on this but I haven't had the
time yet. The libwmv8.so that contain X8 frame decoding can be found in
Linspires Freespire distribution.
http://wiki.freespire.org/index.php/Download_Freespire to download the
iso. (Use the cloop utils to extract the live image or just burn the cd
and boot to get the so's.) The libwma8.so isn't stripped so it is very
easy to identify the code that is used to decode the X8 frames. With
this said I'm not actively trying to RE the code I'm just describing one
way to do it. Regarding your question, I do think the X8 huffman stuff
would be able to use the FFmpeg vlc stuff. At least for the vlctable
building and stream decoding.

MvH
Benjamin Larsson