[FFmpeg-devel] [VOTE] disabling digest mode

Nicolas George nicolas.george
Thu Jun 7 18:09:47 CEST 2007

Le nonidi 19 prairial, an CCXV, Ronald S. Bultje a ?crit?:
>							   Don't say
> newsgroups, they are not functionally the same as digests (similar to
> poll- vs notify-based programming approaches).

Do you have your own MTA?

If you do not (or you do not use it for your own mail?), then mail and
newsgroups are functionally the same: both are pull and not push.

If you do... you should not be very worried by the task of configuring a MDA
to sort your mailing-lists.

My opinion in this matter (although, with my 3-lines patch to ffmpeg, I am
not probably entitled to give it) is that the best solution would be to
reject answers to digests, but that if this feature is missing, disabling
digest mode is acceptable.

1: I have a MTA on my boxes, but I do not use it for my mail. It is only
useful when Mr Cron wants to communicate.

Regards,

--
  Nicolas George