[FFmpeg-devel] [RFC] FFmpeg "developers conference"

Diego Biurrun diego
Tue Jun 19 08:57:12 CEST 2007

On Tue, Jun 19, 2007 at 08:31:00AM +0200, Guillaume POIRIER wrote:

> On 6/18/07, Diego Biurrun <diego at biurrun.de> wrote:
> > On Sun, Jun 17, 2007 at 07:52:24PM +0100, M?ns Rullg?rd wrote:
> > > While were having a good time at LinuxTag recently, it occurred to
> > > someone that we wouldn't need LinuxTag just to have some fun.  The
> > > idea would be to pick a city and a weekend to meet up and discuss
> > > FFmpeg, do some coding, and eat and drink a bit.  To me it sounds like
> > > a great idea.
> > >
> > > If we want to do any coding in a sensible way, we'd need some room
> > > suitable for this.  I'm thinking it should be possible to get access
> > > to something at a university somewhere.  Perhaps some of our students
> > > have suggestions?
> > >
> > > The only other criterion for a city I can think is good air
> > > connections with our respective home towns (especially Southampton ;-)
> > >
> > > Who else likes this idea?
> >
> > I like the idea, I proposed it at LinuxTag after all :)
> >
> > Somewhere in Germany would likely be a good place given how central it
> > is and how many devs come from there.
>
> Funny how everyone is proposing to do this get-together next to where he lives.
> So I'll do my share:
>
> How about doing it in Frogistan?
>
> > Some sort of youth hostel or
> > similar lodging might also work fine.  We could take the repositories
> > with us for the weekend and set up a LAN if we really wanted ...
>
> No need to take the central repository, thanks to GIT ;-)

You seem to be under the impression that there will be no central
repository with git.  This is wrong.

> --
> Subversion has been the most pointless project ever started
>   -- Linus Torvalds

That is the stupidest quote I've seen in signatures for a long time.
(I don't know the context so this is not a statement about Linus.)

Diego