[FFmpeg-devel] [RFC] FFmpeg "developers conference"

Luca Barbato lu_zero
Tue Jun 19 13:00:20 CEST 2007

M?ns Rullg?rd wrote:
>>> How about doing it in Frogistan?
>
> That would suit me too.

Me too.

>>> No need to take the central repository, thanks to GIT ;-)
>> You seem to be under the impression that there will be no central
>> repository with git.  This is wrong.
>
> Of course there will still be a central repository if/when we move to
> git.

What prevents us from moving to git currently? I can migrate swscale to
ffmpeg quite easly if that was the problem, the recipe is simple:

import mplayer to git, import ffmpeg to git.

in mplayer make a branch and remove everything that isn't libswscale,
prune to clean up and commit this change.

in ffmpeg make a branch and git pull the libswscale-only branch from the
mplayer repo.

Commit the change.

That's all, the story is preserved and ffmpeg has a coherent tree.

> That doesn't mean we can't set up a temporary git repo on a LAN
> without proper Internet access, and push the changes back when we have
> net access again.  We could even do this with git-svn.

We don't need to setup anything, every local git repo is fine as is, we
just decide have to push the changes to the public repo once we are done
^^. And yes, we can just add the additional step of git-svn/git-svndump
in case we want to do that before the transition.

lu

--

Luca Barbato

Gentoo/linux Gentoo/PPC