[FFmpeg-devel] [RFC] FFmpeg "developers conference"

Reimar Doeffinger Reimar.Doeffinger
Wed Jun 20 12:05:03 CEST 2007

Hello,
On Tue, Jun 19, 2007 at 10:35:22AM +0100, Robert Swain wrote:
> On 19 Jun 2007, at 10:19, Reimar Doeffinger wrote:
> > On Tue, Jun 19, 2007 at 08:31:00AM +0200, Guillaume POIRIER wrote:
> >> On 6/18/07, Diego Biurrun <diego at biurrun.de> wrote:
> > [...]
> >>
> >> Funny how everyone is proposing to do this get-together next to
> >> where he lives.
> >> So I'll do my share:
> >>
> >> How about doing it in Frogistan?
>
> How about in Britain somewhere? :p I'm not sure where there might be
> space for us all though. And I would actually prefer another trip
> away, it's good fun. Just not in the immediate future as many of us
> have only just been away to Berlin...

I certainly wouldn't mind seeing London or other parts of it again, it's
been long ago and was quite fun.
But there are the usual problems: need to find a place etc.

> > 3) Probably hard, but how about PCs? I don't have anything working
> > portable currently and probably other don't either or at least
> > wouldn't
> > mind having less to carry (I can bring along my laptop hard disk
> > though
> > :-P)
>
> If people trust other people with their computers we can probably
> work shifts or something. ;)

Sure, and if we have more space than at LiuxTag we probably can easily
work together in groups of two or three. Still, it is a point that might
be interesting to consider.

> > 4) Might be nice if more than one person speaks the local language ;-)
> > (English, German, French in oder of preference for me ;-) )
>
> English is your first choice? I guess that's because we all speak
> English. :D Berlin did make me want to learn German to some degree.

Actually the point is that I have rarely a chance to properly speak
English otherwise (which starts to show in my pronounciation - though surprisingly
it seems I picked up a tiny bit of Mans's accent during the short time in Berlin)
while I can still express mostly everything I want (that point speaks against French ;-) ).
Also, since English is not my native language I can "play" with it
without noticing that it sounds stupid ;-) (actually I think you really
can use more unusual expressions in English without drawing weird looks and
due to drawing from at least three languages you have more chances for it too).

Greetings,
Reimar Doeffinger