[FFmpeg-devel] [RFC] FFmpeg "developers conference"

Robert Swain robert.swain
Tue Jun 19 11:35:22 CEST 2007

On 19 Jun 2007, at 10:19, Reimar Doeffinger wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 19, 2007 at 08:31:00AM +0200, Guillaume POIRIER wrote:
>> On 6/18/07, Diego Biurrun <diego at biurrun.de> wrote:
> [...]
>>> I like the idea, I proposed it at LinuxTag after all :)
>>>
>>> Somewhere in Germany would likely be a good place given how
>>> central it
>>> is and how many devs come from there.
>>
>> Funny how everyone is proposing to do this get-together next to
>> where he lives.
>> So I'll do my share:
>>
>> How about doing it in Frogistan?

How about in Britain somewhere? :p I'm not sure where there might be
space for us all though. And I would actually prefer another trip
away, it's good fun. Just not in the immediate future as many of us
have only just been away to Berlin...

> Not against it but maybe some criteria to be discussed:
> 1) Travel and other costs, esp. for those who can't or don't want to
> spend much

This is probably my major concern, though I'm working on my monetary
situation. :) Also, during off peak times (not weekends, not holiday
weeks) I can probably get ridiculously cheap flights through RyanAir
to European countries. They're often 1p each way. Though there are
still food and other living costs while away.

> 2) A location that won't be too cramped even if a few people more than
> expected come
> 3) Probably hard, but how about PCs? I don't have anything working
> portable currently and probably other don't either or at least
> wouldn't
> mind having less to carry (I can bring along my laptop hard disk
> though
> :-P)

If people trust other people with their computers we can probably
work shifts or something. ;)

> 4) Might be nice if more than one person speaks the local language ;-)
> (English, German, French in oder of preference for me ;-) )

English is your first choice? I guess that's because we all speak
English. :D Berlin did make me want to learn German to some degree.

Rob