[Ffmpeg-devel] [RFC] dlopen vs linking for external libraries

Roman Shaposhnik rvs
Thu Mar 1 06:34:28 CET 2007

On Tue, 2007-02-27 at 17:56 +0100, Diego Biurrun wrote:
> >   Oh, and by the way -- things like "it's a very good lure to make
> > others accept your arguments behind its disguise" sound pathetic enough
> > when they refer to a clearly stated argument.
>
> I did not mean to insult you.

  None taken. Somehow ever since we've all had a chance to meet
at LinuxTAG it is now much easier to communicate. Now, if only
Michael would come to one of these places...  ;-)

> Nevertheless I'm sick of articles on news
> sites where Joe random journalist tells the community what it needs to do.

  Well, what can I say -- that is another pet peeve of mine too. ;-)
Fair point. Anyway, seems like we all had our fun with the subject and
it just proves once again that nobody really knows what the right way
of solving it is (I'm actually about to blog about what I consider
to be a sort of a way of having this particular cake and eating it
too).

Thanks,
Roman.