[Ffmpeg-devel] [RFC] dlopen vs linking for external libraries

Diego Biurrun diego
Thu Mar 1 12:53:44 CET 2007

On Wed, Feb 28, 2007 at 09:34:28PM -0800, Roman Shaposhnik wrote:
> On Tue, 2007-02-27 at 17:56 +0100, Diego Biurrun wrote:
> > >   Oh, and by the way -- things like "it's a very good lure to make
> > > others accept your arguments behind its disguise" sound pathetic enough
> > > when they refer to a clearly stated argument.
> >
> > I did not mean to insult you.
>
>   None taken. Somehow ever since we've all had a chance to meet
> at LinuxTAG it is now much easier to communicate. Now, if only
> Michael would come to one of these places...  ;-)

I agree completely :)

Now that I know what you guys are like in real life it's more fun to
meet again on the ml and I know better which things not to take too
seriously...

> > Nevertheless I'm sick of articles on news
> > sites where Joe random journalist tells the community what it needs to do.
>
>   Well, what can I say -- that is another pet peeve of mine too. ;-)
> Fair point. Anyway, seems like we all had our fun with the subject and
> it just proves once again that nobody really knows what the right way
> of solving it is (I'm actually about to blog about what I consider
> to be a sort of a way of having this particular cake and eating it
> too).

Where's your blog?

Diego