[Ffmpeg-devel] Real-time mpegts encoding and streaming

Michael Niedermayer michaelni
Thu Mar 1 20:23:27 CET 2007

Hi

On Thu, Mar 01, 2007 at 05:07:08PM +0100, Fredrik Kling wrote:

> >> The MPEG2 TS muxer/encoder in ffmpeg is flawed, I would not use it..
> >
> >dont top post
> >there is no such thing as a mpeg-ts encoder, and yes the ts muxer does
> >not follow all details of the mpeg-ts spec still its following all the
> >syntax so the mpeg ts streams should work fine in most situatoons,
> >patches to improve mpeg-ts compliance are welcome
> >

> Well, compliance is one thing, good implementation is another...
> But anyway, I'll check whatever I can submit any patches in the flavour
> appreciated by the project..
>
> If there was no such thing as an encoder I would assume the file not named "
> mpegtsenc.c"...

that should be renamed to mpegtsmux.c ...

also please if you want to improve mpeg-ts muxing, first look at the
mpeg-ps muxer as it is fully compliant aka sets all timestamps to valid
values and common code should be shared between mpeg-ps and mpeg-ts muxers

[...]