[Ffmpeg-devel] Real-time mpegts encoding and streaming

Aurelien Jacobs aurel
Thu Mar 1 23:23:37 CET 2007

On Thu, 1 Mar 2007 20:23:27 +0100
Michael Niedermayer <michaelni at gmx.at> wrote:

> Hi

> > >dont top post
> > >there is no such thing as a mpeg-ts encoder, and yes the ts muxer does
> > >not follow all details of the mpeg-ts spec still its following all the
> > >syntax so the mpeg ts streams should work fine in most situatoons,
> > >patches to improve mpeg-ts compliance are welcome
> > >

> > Well, compliance is one thing, good implementation is another...
> > But anyway, I'll check whatever I can submit any patches in the flavour
> > appreciated by the project..
> >
> > If there was no such thing as an encoder I would assume the file not named "
> > mpegtsenc.c"...
>
> that should be renamed to mpegtsmux.c ...

That naming issue was already discussed once.
IIRC the conclusion was that a muxer is just a specialized encoder, and that
the *enc.c and *dec.c names were fine.
Now do you think all the files in libavformat should be renamed as *mux.c
and *demux.c ?

Aurel