[Ffmpeg-devel] Google Summer of Code 2007

Michael Niedermayer michaelni
Fri Mar 2 18:07:29 CET 2007

Hi

On Fri, Mar 02, 2007 at 04:27:59PM +0100, Baptiste Coudurier wrote:
> Hi
>
> Mike Melanson wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > Google has accounced that they will be sponsoring the Summer of Code
> > once more for Summer, '07:
> >
> > http://google-code-updates.blogspot.com/2007/02/speaking-of-summer.html
> >
> > This year, FFmpeg is going to be on top of it, vs. last year when we (or
> > I) found out about it on the same day as the application deadline.
> >

> Concerning lavf, I see 2 features, brand new DVB/TS muxer with FEC/all
> features, and MXF muxer (Op;1/2/3;a/b/c;atom/XDCAM/P2), which needs
> quite some work (not sure about TS), dunno if they would deserve a SoC
> projet though. Im volunteering to mentor.

a fully compliant and clean TS muxer which shares code with the PS muxer
would be cool, about MXF i dunno i never saw a mxf file in the wild and
never needed to create one, to me its a obscure and missdesgned format
i think a matroska muxer would be much higher priority than mxf

The educated differ from the uneducated as much as the living from the
dead. -- Aristotle