[Ffmpeg-devel] swscale and palette ... what am I missing?

Karl H. Beckers karl.h.beckers
Fri Mar 2 18:16:54 CET 2007

Am Freitag, den 02.03.2007, 16:42 +0100 schrieb
ffmpeg-devel-request at mplayerhq.hu:
> Message: 5
> Date: Fri, 2 Mar 2007 14:32:24 +0100
> From: Michael Niedermayer <michaelni at gmx.at>
> Subject: Re: Re: Re: [Ffmpeg-devel] swscale and palette ... what am I
> 	missing?
> To: FFmpeg development discussions and patches
>         <ffmpeg-devel at mplayerhq.hu>
> [...]
> fixed

Indeed, though you did not (forgot?) apply the other bit for adding
PIX_FMT_PAL8 to isPacked().

Also, I've been trying to follow the colour plane offset I think I'm
seeing (http://www.jarre-de-the.net/computing/test-0000.mpeg) with PAL8
input, but I keep getting lost.
Far as I can tell everything looks good up until palToUV, src1 and src2
are the same, dstU and dstV pointers are incremented in parallel.
Therefore the problem seems to reside somewhere after the call to
hcscale in swScale. However, in my tests I was using YUV420P output and
ARGB32 output with the same results. Since after hcscale those two
output formats are treated differently, that would mean there is smth.
wrong in both yuv2yuvX and yuv2packedX ?!?

I am very lost here.

Karl.