[Ffmpeg-devel] swscale and palette ... what am I missing?

Michael Niedermayer michaelni
Sat Mar 3 01:27:49 CET 2007

Hi

On Fri, Mar 02, 2007 at 06:16:54PM +0100, Karl H. Beckers wrote:
> Am Freitag, den 02.03.2007, 16:42 +0100 schrieb
> ffmpeg-devel-request at mplayerhq.hu:
> > Message: 5
> > Date: Fri, 2 Mar 2007 14:32:24 +0100
> > From: Michael Niedermayer <michaelni at gmx.at>
> > Subject: Re: Re: Re: [Ffmpeg-devel] swscale and palette ... what am I
> > 	missing?
> > To: FFmpeg development discussions and patches
> >         <ffmpeg-devel at mplayerhq.hu>
> > [...]
> > fixed
>
> Indeed, though you did not (forgot?) apply the other bit for adding
> PIX_FMT_PAL8 to isPacked().

ive approved it you will have to pester one of my patch application monkeyies
to apply it ...

> Also, I've been trying to follow the colour plane offset I think I'm
> seeing (http://www.jarre-de-the.net/computing/test-0000.mpeg) with PAL8
> input, but I keep getting lost.
> Far as I can tell everything looks good up until palToUV, src1 and src2
> are the same, dstU and dstV pointers are incremented in parallel.
> Therefore the problem seems to reside somewhere after the call to
> hcscale in swScale. However, in my tests I was using YUV420P output and
> ARGB32 output with the same results. Since after hcscale those two
> output formats are treated differently, that would mean there is smth.
> wrong in both yuv2yuvX and yuv2packedX ?!?
>
> I am very lost here.

sorry i dont know what causes it either, actually i didnt even have time
to look at and wont any time soon either ...
but i would say try to play with the linesize / width / swscaler type
(bilinear/bicubic) maybe this could help narrowing it down

Dictatorship naturally arises out of democracy, and the most aggravated
form of tyranny and slavery out of the most extreme liberty. -- Plato