[Ffmpeg-devel] Google Summer of Code 2007

Justin Ruggles justinruggles
Sat Mar 3 02:25:32 CET 2007

Harikrishnan Varma wrote:
> Audio:
> * MPEG-1 Layer 3 and MPEG-2 Layer 3. Both CBR & ABR are supported.
> * AC-3
> * MP3 Surround (In drffmpeg we use a dll supplied by Thomson)

Now that the AC-3 decoder is hopefully close to being merged (waiting
patiently), I think E-AC-3 would be a great SoC project.  There are
clear decoding specs and this year there are samples to work with.  It's
also something that could be easily split out into incremental steps.

If nobody does it through SoC, I'll probably try to implement it myself.
 Personally, I really want a good E-AC-3 decoder so I can work on an
encoder without having to install Windows in order to test it. :)

-Justin