[Ffmpeg-devel] Matroska Muxer as Google SoC task

Steve Lhomme slhomme
Sun Mar 4 15:05:33 CET 2007

Hi guys,

At matroska we're often asked for a matroska writer in various apps. And
we can't provide code for each and every app (unless the people do the
integration part themself). So we are wondering if you would accept a
Matroska Muxer task in FFMPEG for the next summer. I don't know if you
have plans to be at SoC, but if you do that would make a lot of people
happy.

I volunteer to monitor the guy who would do it to answer all questions
about matroska and check the code for compliancy. As I'm not a FFMPEG
maintainer or anything maybe I don't qualify for that task, but then I
could assist someone else.

There's already a muxer written in C by Haali that is used in x264. That
code could be reused and enhanced to fit more use cases in FFMPEG. So
most of the basis would be done already.

Steve

PS: I'm subscribed to the list so you can reply there.