[Ffmpeg-devel] Matroska Muxer as Google SoC task

Baptiste Coudurier baptiste.coudurier
Sun Mar 4 15:31:25 CET 2007

Hi

Steve Lhomme wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> At matroska we're often asked for a matroska writer in various apps. And
> we can't provide code for each and every app (unless the people do the
> integration part themself). So we are wondering if you would accept a
> Matroska Muxer task in FFMPEG for the next summer. I don't know if you
> have plans to be at SoC, but if you do that would make a lot of people
> happy.
>
> I volunteer to monitor the guy who would do it to answer all questions
> about matroska and check the code for compliancy. As I'm not a FFMPEG
> maintainer or anything maybe I don't qualify for that task, but then I
> could assist someone else.
>
> There's already a muxer written in C by Haali that is used in x264. That
> code could be reused and enhanced to fit more use cases in FFMPEG. So
> most of the basis would be done already.
>
> Steve
>
> PS: I'm subscribed to the list so you can reply there.

Im all for it if full support is requested: subs, every codec available
in ffmpeg, stream copy from mov and avi, every exotic features. Aurel
already volonteered to mentor, I guess you guys should talk together.

SMARTJOG S.A.                                    http://www.smartjog.com
Phone: +33 1 49966312