[Ffmpeg-devel] WMA encoding and Windows Media Player for Mac OS X

Michael Niedermayer michaelni
Mon Mar 5 19:03:53 CET 2007

Hi

On Mon, Mar 05, 2007 at 10:13:26AM -0600, Tyler Loch wrote:
> >ok, next try, apply the attached patch and retry
>
> ooh...very close. Sound is FLAWLESS, but the first 15 seconds of my
> test clip do not play in WMP Mac.
> WMP Mac will display the first frame, play the audio for the first
> half second, skip to 7 seconds in, then immediately skip to 15
> seconds, at which point the audio plays perfectly, and the video
> shows up at the next keyframe.
>
> I'll poke at the patch and try some other clips and see if I can come
> up with anything.

a few things you could try:
* different preroll_time (grep preroll_time asf-enc.c)
* try to prevent 2 audio packets from being put in the same "chunk"
  a quick hack to gurantee this is to reduce PACKET_SIZE in asf.h so
  2 wont fit but 1+headers does
* mess with interleaving of packets aka mux a few seconds of audio before
  any video (for a quick hack simply modifying av_interleave_packet_per_dts()
  should do) i can provide a patch if the code is too confusing

If you really think that XML is the answer, then you definitly missunderstood
the question -- Attila Kinali