[Ffmpeg-devel] Mpeg2-ts encoder uses fixed PES payload size

Luca Abeni lucabe72
Tue Mar 6 16:55:05 CET 2007

Hi all,

Luca Abeni wrote:
> Hi Michael,
>
> On Sun, 2007-03-04 at 13:52 +0100, Michael Niedermayer wrote:
> [...]
>> i would prefer if the sdt placement frequency could be selected by the
>> user instead of haveing a dummy muxer which doesnt place SDTs
> Ok; I'll prepare a patch implementing this solution. I'll post it in one
> day or two. Only one question: how to pass the SDT frequency to
> libavformat? Shoul I add a new field to AVFormatContext?
Ok; here is a patch allowing to set the SDT and the PAT/PMT period. The
"periodic" generation of the tables is still based on the current code,
so it's not very reliable. But I had no time to try to fix it. I just
made user-configurable the hardcoded SDT_RETRANS_TIME and
PAT_RETRANS_TIME parameters. Setting sdt_period to 0 the SDT is not
generated.

I do not know which solution is better (this one, the one I previously
posted - if that's the way to go I'll fix the patch according to the
comments I received -, or just removing the code for generating the
SDT). I am just providing one more alternative ;-)

			Thanks,
				Luca