[Ffmpeg-devel] Mpeg2-ts encoder uses fixed PES payload size

Luca Abeni lucabe72
Sun Mar 4 14:27:32 CET 2007

Hi Michael,

On Sun, 2007-03-04 at 13:52 +0100, Michael Niedermayer wrote:
[...]
> i would prefer if the sdt placement frequency could be selected by the
> user instead of haveing a dummy muxer which doesnt place SDTs
Ok; I'll prepare a patch implementing this solution. I'll post it in one
day or two. Only one question: how to pass the SDT frequency to
libavformat? Shoul I add a new field to AVFormatContext?

> but mans is maintainer not me so its his decission ...
Well, I'll post patches for both the two solutions so that M?ns can
chose the one he prefers

> if the placement becomes user selectable then we also must decide
> about  the units of the new parameter (sdt per time vs. sdt per
> bits) without looking at the mpeg spec i would guess per time is
> more correct
I also think time is more correct.
The current code actually tries to control the SDT transmission period
(time), but it does so by assuming a constant bitrate for the TS (if I
read the code well).
Maybe we can do something better... I'll have a look.

			Thanks,
				Luca