[Ffmpeg-devel] Motion Estimation/compensation

Michael Niedermayer michaelni
Wed Mar 7 18:58:14 CET 2007

Hi

On Wed, Mar 07, 2007 at 12:50:35PM -0500, femi. s bandele wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>    For my project, we are trying to improve the motion estimation algorithm
> for
>    wavelet used in ffmpeg.

that sounds interresting, if you do succeed with improcing it then please
dont forget to send a patch with these improvements here

> We inserted debug statements in snow.c to find
> out which function were called when encoded a raw video file was converted
> and played it using ffplay function.We also found the motion est.c file
> which is use been the encoder.Does anyone have any ideas where the  frame
> reconstruction takes place in the decoder using motion vectors.
>    steve

predict_slice*() and the functions it calls

While the State exists there can be no freedom; when there is freedom there
will be no State. -- Vladimir Lenin