[Ffmpeg-devel] ffserver/ffmpeg Live Video: Anyone get it to work with sound?

Piero Bugoni crboca32
Fri Mar 9 16:53:17 CET 2007

> > > What? The code? I'm not allowed to share it.
> After all its legal as its
> > > not a production system nor is it sold to
> anyone.

Actually I meant the technique, but if the issue is
proprietary code or whatever, then so be it. There are
many ones and zeros on the internet. Surely some of
them are bound to work.

> > Nice troll launch.
>
> ??

Yeah, what is a troll launch?

As for the particularity of OSS vs. ALSA, I'll try it.
I believe I am using ALSA, but as OSS compatible. The
audio devices I use are /dev/audio, or /dev/dsp. I do
not mess around with ALSA too much.

Likewise, there is also a BTTV audio capture channel,
and the cards I use have audio input. I do not use it
currently, but since it is there, it is on the list of
things to consider.

I do have a particular hack in mind, that I will be
trying. It's not a bad hack, and if it works, it's
decent enough.

Heres's the Idea:
One stream will be sent as video only, using the FLV
setup that I have gotten to work. Then a second
totally separate stream will be defined in
ffserver.conf and sent as audio only, probably MP3.
Both could probably be played at the same time from a
single web page.

There would be no sync, of course, but if it works, it
may be a decent enough solution.

Piero.