[Ffmpeg-devel] ffserver/ffmpeg Live Video: Anyone get it to work with sound?

Luca Abeni lucabe72
Fri Mar 9 22:27:32 CET 2007

Hi all,

On Fri, 2007-03-09 at 17:21 +0100, Luca Abeni wrote:
[...]
> > > ALSA.
> > > I have a half-implemented input/output format for
> > > ALSA (it is
> > > incomplete, but it works). I think I already posted
> > > it in the past, but
> > > I could be wrong. If someone is interested, I'll
> > > send it this evening.
> > >

> > Yes, by all means. Again, if for no other reason but
> > to  include it in documentation as a potential
> > solution.
> Ok, I'll post it this evening.
It did not compile anymore, so I did some qick fixes to update it to svn
head. I hope I did the porting correctly (I am not sure about the
configure and makefile parts).

Anyway, here is the ALSA input/output format... Apply the patch, and
copy alsa-audio.c in libavformat. Then, recompile and enjoy :)
Something like
./ffmpeg -f alsa -ac 2 -i writesomethinghere test.mp3
should work.

As you can see, the code is far from perfect (and some important parts
are not implemented yet). But it works (at least, it works for me :)...
To be clear: the code is not submitted for inclusion in svn, but if
someone wants to work on alsa, this is a good starting point.

				Luca