[Ffmpeg-devel] ffserver/ffmpeg Live Video: Anyone get it to work with sound?

Luca Abeni lucabe72
Fri Mar 9 17:21:46 CET 2007

Hi Piero,

On Fri, 2007-03-09 at 08:04 -0800, Piero Bugoni wrote:
> --- Luca Abeni <lucabe72 at email.it> wrote:
>

> > Piero, to check if your audio input is working,
> > first try to capture
> > some audio and video with the ffmpeg program:
> > ffmpeg -f audio_device -i /dev/dsp -f video4linux2
> > -i /dev/video0 /tmp/out.mpg
> > or something similar, look at the documentation (you
> > can use "-f
> > video4linux" if you prefer).
>
> I am able to record videos to disk with sound just
> fine.
So, your problem is not in audio.c :)

> I am trying to do a live stream with sound and
> video. So far, video works fine. I was hoping someone
> had already had success with this so that I could put
> it to work, but also, since I am doing documentation,
> I wanted to provide some known good usage examples.
Sorry, I do not know about ffserver... But if ffmpeg is able to capture
an audio + video stream then the problem is not in the drivers or in the
input formats.

[...]
> > > It might be a good idea implementing capture from
> > ALSA.
> > I have a half-implemented input/output format for
> > ALSA (it is
> > incomplete, but it works). I think I already posted
> > it in the past, but
> > I could be wrong. If someone is interested, I'll
> > send it this evening.
> >

> Yes, by all means. Again, if for no other reason but
> to  include it in documentation as a potential
> solution.
Ok, I'll post it this evening. But since it seems that audio and video
grabbing is working, I doubt that switching to ALSA can be a solution
for your problem.

				Luca