[Ffmpeg-devel] ffserver/ffmpeg Live Video: Anyone get it to work with sound?

Piero Bugoni crboca32
Sat Mar 10 17:46:14 CET 2007

--- Luca Abeni <lucabe72 at email.it> wrote:

> I had both video4linux and video4linux2 working
> together with audio (in
> some systems, video4linux can drop a lot of video
> frames, but
> video4linux2 always works).

Luca,

What is the deal with getting video4linux2 working?

I just rebuilt my box to try this. (It was a 2.4
kernel, regular Slackware 10.1 install, now I put in
kernel 2.6.20 to get v4l2.) The bttv driver is built,
and dmesg reports Linux Video Capture Interface
version2.

An ffmpeg command line that was working fine before
now complains of an unknown format when I change
video4linux to video4linux2. ffmpeg -formats shows no
video4linux2.

I am rebuilding ffmpeg now with the --enable-v4l2
config option, but configure --help says that the
default is to not --disable-v4l2.

Everything else seems to work, except for
video4linux2.

What's up with this?

Piero.

The war against the Bug continues...