[Ffmpeg-devel] ffserver/ffmpeg Live Video: Anyone get it to work with sound?

Luca Abeni lucabe72
Sat Mar 10 23:28:26 CET 2007

Hi Piero,

On Sat, 2007-03-10 at 08:46 -0800, Piero Bugoni wrote:
[...]
> What is the deal with getting video4linux2 working?
>
> I just rebuilt my box to try this. (It was a 2.4
> kernel, regular Slackware 10.1 install, now I put in
> kernel 2.6.20 to get v4l2.) The bttv driver is built,
> and dmesg reports Linux Video Capture Interface
> version2.
>
> An ffmpeg command line that was working fine before
> now complains of an unknown format when I change
> video4linux to video4linux2. ffmpeg -formats shows no
> video4linux2.
It is possible that video4linux2 has been disabled because configure
detected broken (or missing) video4linux2 headers files.
I think I once compiled ffmpeg with v4l2 on a slackware, but I do not
remember the version...

I'll have a better look on Monday. In the meanwhile, can you post the
config.err file generated when configuring ffmpeg?

			Thanks,
				Luca