[Ffmpeg-devel] ffserver/ffmpeg Live Video: Anyone get it to work with sound?

Piero Bugoni crboca32
Sun Mar 11 00:27:43 CET 2007

--- Luca Abeni <lucabe72 at email.it> wrote:

> It is possible that video4linux2 has been disabled
> because configure
> detected broken (or missing) video4linux2 headers
> files.
> I think I once compiled ffmpeg with v4l2 on a
> slackware, but I do not
> remember the version...

> Also, can you send me your
> /usr/include/linux/videodev2.h file?

Thanks, Luca I think you gave me the answer.

1) There is no:
/usr/include/linux/videodev2.h file.

2) Under the kernel source tree:
/usr/src/linux/include/media,

There is a file called:
v4l2-dev.h,

That contains this:

/*
 *
 *      V 4 L 2   D R I V E R   H E L P E R   A P I
 *
 * Moved from videodev2.h
 *
 *      Some commonly needed functions for drivers
(v4l2-common.o module)
 */

So, I guess I do not have my dependencies in place.

Perhaps I can find a v4l2 tarball with the necessary
dependencies, or perhaps build ffmpeg against what is
in the kernel tree, or wherever.

I'll try this and then see.

Thanks,

Piero.