[Ffmpeg-devel] [BUG] Compilation failure when using --disable-opts

Michael Niedermayer michaelni
Thu Mar 15 01:15:32 CET 2007

Hi

On Thu, Mar 15, 2007 at 12:13:07AM +0000, M?ns Rullg?rd wrote:
> Michael Niedermayer <michaelni at gmx.at> writes:
>
> > Hi
> >
> > On Wed, Mar 14, 2007 at 10:16:59PM +0000, M?ns Rullg?rd wrote:
> >> Panagiotis Issaris <takis at issaris.org> writes:
> > [...]
> >>
> >> The instruction set is compatible, meaning that everything that works
> >> on 32-bit x86 still works on a 64-bit chip.  Things that don't work on
> >> 32-bit chips might still be possible.  8 extra registers come to
> >> mind...

> >> I don't think this is very urgent, so I'd rather wait a day for
> >> someone with the knowledge to shed some light.
> >
> > the tests should be run on x86_64 too
>
> Care to explain?

well if the x86 code is put under a CONFIG_EBX which is never set for x86_64
then you practically disable it for x86_64, not nice ...

> Does the same test even work at all on x86_64?

why not?

No great genius has ever existed without some touch of madness. -- Aristotle