[Ffmpeg-devel] ffserver Documentation

Piero Bugoni crboca32
Sun Mar 18 00:17:40 CET 2007

--- Piero Bugoni <crboca32 at yahoo.com> wrote:

> I have now also gotten flash video to work with
> sound,
> but it is a hack. The trick is to send two separate
> streams, one audio-only, and one video-only.
>
> Of course, there is no sync.
>
> Right now, on a LAN, the video is almost
> instantaneous, but the audio has a delay of about
> 3-5
> seconds. Not sure why.

Actually, it turns out that flash video does work with
sound in a single stream. Just not very well.

When viewed in a browser over a LAN, it takes a while
to get started. I was giving up before I got sound.
The video was slowed WAY don so I thought it wasn't
working either.

When I left the page up, and got up to get some
coffee, I herd the sound start, then noticed that the
images were updating very slowly. It took about a
minute or so to hear the sound, and the frame rate was
about 1 fream every 10 seconds.

By adjusting the frame rate down to 1, 3, or 9.97 f/s,
and setting the "q" to 31, I got the stream to start
fairly quickly. Of course, the image is essentially
unviewable, (It looks somewhere between a Renoir
painting and a Van Gogh, with a bit of Dali
hallucination thrown in).

Also the sound lags the video still by about 2-3
seconds. When sent as separate streams, the sound
lagged the video by about 5-7 seconds. There may
actually be a benefit to sending the sound and video
as separate steams.

I 'll post the ffserver.conf files, and the details.
shortly. Possibly in different thread.

Piero.